OHIO TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS (WWW.OHIOTOFC.COM)
APRIL 21, 2012
COLUMBUS CONVENTION CENTER - COLUMBUS, OH
HELP US SET A WORLD RECORD, WITH 4000 ENTRIES
---For additional information, contact Tournament Director Bart Freidenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-833-5885---
January 17, 2012...Columbus, OH...........
Attention Wrestlers, Parents & Coaches,
You have the opportunity to be a part of what will hopefully be the largest wrestling event to ever take place in the world. The 2012 Ohio Tournament of Champions, to be held April 21, at the Columbus Convention Center, in Columbus, OH, has set a goal of setting a New World Record, with 4000 entries. The current mark, of 3500 wrestlers, was set at the event in 2005.
Long recognized as one of the toughest youth wrestling tournaments in the country, seven of last year’s NCAA Champions were former TofC participants.
In anticipation of reaching 4000 entries, the Tournament has revised a large number of things from the past few years. However, the TofC will continue to offer FREE Spectator Admission and not require any Coaches Cards to coach matside.
Besides concentrating solely on the Individual Tournament, the return of the matside scoreboards, and moving the start time up to 8:00 a.m., here are some of the other major changes for this year:
1. Ages & Weights
2. Club & Team Discounts
3. Club & Team Competition
4. State Competition
5. Girl’s Division (& Open Division)
6. Awards to top 8
7. Easier to change weights and print your weigh in card
8. Additional ways to Qualify
9. Additional mats for wrestlers that lose their first two matches
10. More Hotel Blocks
11. Special Guests
1. AGES & WEIGHTS
We have basically reverted back to the ages and weights that we used to use, which included smaller gaps between some of the lower weights. The ages/weights being used for 2012 can be viewed here: http://ohiotofc.com/...tion/AgeWeights
2. CLUB & TEAM DISCOUNTS
Club & Team discounts will be offered to groups that enter more than 8 individuals in the tournament. One individual will need to enter all the club/team members under one user name/password. They will be able to monitor the status of each individual, make weight changes and print the weigh in cards as well. Just make sure to set up your account and, when asked, select Club/Team Entry. Individuals registering on their own, even if they are with a club or team, should select Individual or Family Entry). The club/team discounts are as follows:
8 or fewer wrestlers: no discount
9-15 wrestlers: $5 discount per wrestler
16-25 wrestlers: $10 discount per wrestler
26-35 wrestlers: $15 discount per wrestler
36+ wrestlers: $20 discount per wrestler
Please note that no discount is given to an additional family member, (as their entry fee is already at $40), but they will count toward the overall number of club/team members. Also, the same applies to the Girls and Open Divisions, as their entry fee is already at $40 as well. The club/team awards can be viewed here: http://ohiotofc.com/...tion/Highlights
3. CLUB & TEAM COMPETITION
We will be having Team/Club Competition this year, with the awards being based on wrestler's place finish. There will be three Divisions (super club, area club and local club) and we will award the top 3 teams, in each Age Group and Division, and also the top 6 overall teams in each Division. To enter your team or club, you will need to fill out a team form, which can be found here: http://ohiotofc.com/...TeamInformation There is no minimum or maximum number of kids that may be on your roster. However, any individual may only be on one Team and one club Roster.
4. STATE COMPETITION
We also introduce State Competition to the TofC and hope this will be an exciting aspect of the event. All wrestlers, from any given state, may score points for their state, as points will be given based on a wrestler's place finish (Girls and Open Division placers do not apply here). We have done our best to pair states up against states, based on past entries, of current number and strength. There will be competition for each Age Group, as well as an overall winner. These results will be posted on our website and in future programs. The state pairings are as follows:
* Ohio vs. Pennsylvania
* Michigan vs. New York
* Illinois vs. New Jersey
* Maryland vs. Virginia
* Indiana vs. West Virginia
* North Carolina vs. South Carolina vs. Tennessee
* Connecticut vs. Massachusetts vs. New Hampshire
* Maine vs. Rhode Island vs. Vermont
* Nebraska vs. North Dakota vs. South Dakota
* Colorado vs. Georgia vs. Missouri
* Iowa vs. Oklahoma vs. Texas
* Idaho vs. Montana vs. Utah vs. Wyoming
* Alabama vs. Delaware vs. Florida vs. Kentucky
* California vs. Kansas vs. Minnesota vs. Wisconsin
* Arizona vs. Nevada vs. New Mexico vs. Oregon vs. Washington
* Alaska vs. Arkansas vs. Hawaii vs. Louisiana vs. Mississippi
In addition, there will be one final competition, with that being: Ohio/Pennsylvania vs. USA
5. GIRL’S DIVISION (& OPEN DIVISION)
We have added a Girl's Division for 2012. Participants need to be in at least the 7th grade to wrestle in this Division. There is no pre-qualification necessary in this, or the Open Division (post high school wrestlers). Registration for both of these groups is $40 per wrestler.
6. AWARDS TO TOP 8 PLACE FINISHERS
This year we will be wrestling thru and awarding the top 8 place finishers. Awards will be given to the top 6 in both the Open Division and our new Girl's Division. The 2012 awards can be seen here: http://ohiotofc.com/...tion/Highlights - The Champion will still receive a custom designed wrist watch.
7. EASIER TO CHANGE WEIGHTS & PRINT YOUR WEIGH-IN CARD
Rather than requesting a weight change, as you had to do in the past, you now have the ability to log into your account and make the change yourself. Once entries are posted as accepted, you will also be able to print off your weigh in card. However, if you change weight, you will need to print a new weigh in card.
8. ADDITIONAL WAYS TO QUALIFY
We also have added more ways to qualify for the TofC, including:
* All Cadet & Elite wrestlers are now exempt
* All of the following Youth State Qualifiers (past two years) are now exempt: Ohio-OAC, OURWAY, Ohio Youth League; Pennsylvania-PJW; Michigan-MYWAY; New York-New York Kid's State; New Jersey-New Jersey Kid's State; Maryland-MSWA & MDWAY; Indiana-ISWA; Illinois-IKWF
* Any wrestler from a state that does not have a qualifying event, or a qualifying event within 50 miles of their home location.
* Top 3 at any other State or League Tournament (past 2 years)
*Any wrestler that wins 10 or more matches, during the current season, is now qualified
*Open (post high school) and Girl's Divisions require no pre-qualification
*A complete list of ways to qualify can be seen here: http://ohiotofc.com/...urnaments/Index
9. ADDITIONAL MATS FOR WRESTLERS THAT LOSE THEIR FIRST TWO MATCHES
Depending on our final numbers, we will be utilizing up to 40 full size mats - all under one roof. For those wrestlers that lose their first two matches, we will be allocating up to 4 mats, so that they can receive an additional match.
10. MORE HOTEL BLOCKS
We have tried to get additional hotel blocks reserved for attendees. Many of the hotels list a link that will take you right to to a site where you can reserve your rooms. Here is the hotel page link: http://ohiotofc.com/...ormation/Hotels
11. SPECIAL GUESTS
Already, we have four special guests scheduled to appear and sign free autographs for the attendees, and they are:
* Dylan Riley Snyder, who portrays Milton, on Disney's "Kickin It"
* Jake Short, who portrays Fletcher Quimby on Disney's "A.N.T. Farm"
* Tommy Batchelor, who was one of Broadway's Billy Elliots
* Nathan Gamble, who portrayed Sawyer, in the movie "Dolphin Tale"
*Photos of our guests can be seen here: http://ohiotofc.com/...n/SpecialGuests
*We are still working on additional guests to appear.
2012 Ohio Tournament of Champions
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users